BEYOND THE BUILDING UPDATE
Construction Began on October 9, 2017 and we are still on track for our Summer 2018 finish line!
WE HAVE OFFICIALLY (AS OF NOVEMBER 6TH) RECEIVED OVER HALF OF OUR BEYOND THE BUILDING PLEDGES! THANK YOU!
Dear Parish Families,
I am very pleased to announce that Lichtefeld Incorporated has been selected to be our general contractor! Pre-construction meeting will be Thursday October 5th with on-site construction beginning the week of October 9th. Our targeted completion date of summer 2018 remains solid and we are within our budget based upon the pledges that were made.
As we now begin the process of paying for construction it is extremely important that all of us remain committed to meeting our pledges. The amount of construction is based on our pledges. Please be generous! If you’ve not had the opportunity to make a pledge to this wonderful expansion of our campus and its ministries, please contact the parish office for a pledge form.
ST. ALBERT PARISH LIFE CENTER BUILDING LAYOUT
The blueprint below is our most recent design and has been officially approved as our final layout. This drawing is what will be brought to life here at St. Albert over the next several months, with our Summer 2018 completion goal still in sight. We are all very excited to officially begin construction and usher in this new chapter of life here at St. Albert the Great! Continue reading below for more detailed design layouts of the changes to Hendricks Hall and how you can continue to donate and help make this dream a concrete reality!
Youth Space, Mezzanine Level located at top right corner of image.
Green Space Restroom Hut located at lower right corner of image.
Willett Hall Gymnasium located at left of image.
Excitement is building as we enter into the construction phase of our Parish Life Center, a place where your family and the entire parish community can gather, learn, and serve!
You can find additional information such as Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on the above link or visiting the Beyond the Building display in the gathering space.
We want to extend an enormous thank you to all who have pledged funds to our Beyond the Building campaign so far. We have a total of $2,960,622.00 pledged to be donated to the Beyond the Building Fund. We currently have received over half of those pledged funds! This is an amazing accomplishment! But, to maintain our financial stability it is vital that those who have pledged continue to fulfill their pledges. We can do this! As we continue to trust God and remain faithful in our commitment, our vision will be achieved!
For anyone who has not already made a pledge or who wish to increase their pledge, donations can be made online or in person. Building Fund Envelopes can be found in the Kiosk in the Gathering Space of the church. You can turn in all envelopes and checks to Cheryl Harper, Finance Administrative Assistant, at the Parish Office or in the collection baskets during Mass (MEMO: Building Fund). You can also contact Cheryl at 502-425-3940, ext. 107 or by email at email@example.com with any questions.
THREE BUILDINGS: ONE PLACE TO GATHER, LEARN & SERVE
The Parish Life Center & Hub
The Parish Life Center will be a complex of three buildings (Hendricks Hall, Willett Hall, and a new hospitality space) integrated into a single facility, with a shared entrance and architecture that will complement our campus identity.
Renovating existing resources is cost effective, good for the environment and expedites the building process; with a grand opening projected for the summer of 2018!
Our new Parish Life Center provides needed space and updated facilities for parishioners of all ages and will continue to do so for future generations!
Beyond the Building…Something for everyone!
- Committee Meetings
- Bereavement Luncheons
- Conferences & Lectures
- Musical Concerts & Performing Arts
- Bible Studies & Retreats
- Support Group Meetings
- Archdiocesan Seminars
- Children’s Clubs & Scout Meetings
- Youth Ministry Space
- Nursery & Childcare
- School Functions
- Athletic Events & Practice Space
- Adult Athletic Leagues
- Networking & Professional Development
- Young Adult Socials
- Secure additional funding to cover budget deficit due to rising construction costs
- Provide a fundraising update to the parish and archdiocese
- Approval of final design schematics
- Groundbreaking for additional building (Fall 2017)
- Begin interior renovations (Spring 2018)
- Move into new building & renovated spaces
- Dedication of the new building (August 2018)
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Be informed! Pick up a copy of the Q&A sheet
- Spread the word! Share your excitement about the new building with others
- Pray! Keep your prayer card close
- Give! Pledge Cards are available to make your donations
- ONLINE GIVING: Go to www.stalbert.org and make your pledge online
COME ON IN TO HENDRICKS HALL!
To help get you familiar with the Parish Life Center, we will be providing a detailed focus on the different areas of our new building over the next few months. So, when the time comes for opening, you will feel at home and acquainted, ready to take advantage of all our new Parish Life Center will have to offer! This update will highlight Hendricks Hall. We welcome you “inside” so please read on!
Hendricks Hall will undergo many renovations providing a fresh, bright, cheerful, and secured facility for our preschool and kindergarten students. We are pleased to announced the new color scheme for Hendricks Hall will be professionally chosen by Omni that will surely please our parents, students, and faculty! Once completed, Hendricks Hall will be transformed into a children’s building, allowing for academic excellence, social responsibility and spiritual growth.
Some maintenance improvements slated for Hendricks Hall will be supported financially through the general operating budget. Our intent is to make the following renovations this summer, but will solely depend on the positive variance we anticipate in our budget this fiscal year. Regardless, all maintenance improvements will be completed by the summer of 2018. Other Hendricks Hall upgrades will be funded exclusively through Beyond the Building donations.
Improvements funded exclusively through BTB donations, to be completed summer 2018:
- Addition of one classroom, totaling six classrooms. Three classrooms will be home to our Preschool students and three classrooms will be home to our Kindergarten students.
- Hendricks Hall will receive a new sprinkler system for fire safety.
- All bathrooms in Hendricks Hall will receive new ceramic tile, non-slip flooring and fresh paint on doors and walls.
Below are the maintenance improvements supported financially through the general operating budget. Our intent is to complete the following upgrades summer of 2017, but will solely depend on the positive variance we anticipate in our budget this fiscal year. Regardless, all maintenance improvements will be completed by summer of 2018:
- All walls, doors, and baseboards in Hendricks Hall will be cleaned and receive fresh paint.
- Hendricks Hall will receive all new windows with screens.
- Hendricks Hall Preschool/Nursery rooms will receive room darkening shades.
- Hendricks Hall Preschool/Nursery 3’s room will receive 12 new cubbies for storage.
- Hendricks Hall will receive two new hot water heaters.
- Hendricks Hall Preschool Director’s office will receive new carpet.
- Hendricks Hall lower level will receive fresh paint, repaired closet doors, new acoustical panels for noise reduction, new refrigerator and microwave, new furniture, and a special floor coating. In addition to a high quality gathering space for all types of activities, these many updates will also serve to provide a nice lunch area for teachers and staff.
- Hendricks Hall exterior upgrades will include new storage for toys, new plastic coated fence for both playground areas, new hearty grass, new playground signage, new LED security lighting, repaired concrete and columns in Preschool courtyard, vinyl wrapped soffits, and freshly painted handrails. Hendricks Hall’s exterior walls have been cleaned and the playground area has received new mulch.
What an exciting time it is to be at St. Albert the Great!
A LOOK BACK AT OUR DESIGN PHASE:
We have been working hard over the past few months collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including Parish Council, Parish Finance Council, Parish Staff, Parishioners, School Administration, Faculty, School Board, PTO, Sports Ministry, GAP Club and ACES, to be sure all details have been included as we plan for our new Parish Life Center!
The Archdiocesan Building Commission approved our Parish Life Center plans, and gave us the green light to move to the DESIGN PHASE of the Beyond the Building project!
This phase lasted through August 2017 with the following goals accomplished:
- Create detailed drawings
- Create detailed contract specifications
- Request bids from several contractors for the Beyond the Building project
- Select the contractor for the project after analysis of all bids
- Seek final approval from the Archbishop
- Break ground first week of September, 2017