BEYOND THE BUILDING UPDATE
EXCITEMENT IS BUILDING AS WE MOVE INTO THE “DESIGN PHASE” OF ST. ALBERT’S PARISH LIFE CENTER!
GROUNDBREAKING FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER, 2017 BTB CONSTRUCTION COMPLETION SUMMER 2018
We have been working hard over the past few months collaborating with a variety of stakeholders including Parish Council, Parish Finance Council, Parish Staff, Parishioners, School Administration, Faculty, School Board, PTO, Sports Ministry, GAP Club and ACES, to be sure all details have been included as we plan for our new Parish Life Center!
The Archdiocesan Building Commission has approved our Parish Life Center plans, giving us the green light to move to the DESIGN PHASE of the Beyond the Building project!
This phase will last through August 2017. As we work through this phase, we will accomplish the following:
- Create detailed drawings
- Create detailed contract specifications
- Request bids from several contractors for the Beyond the Building project
- Select the contractor for the project after analysis of all bids
- Seek final approval from the Archbishop
- Break ground first week of September, 2017
ST. ALBERT PARISH LIFE CENTER BUILDING LAYOUT
Youth Space, Mezzanine Level located at top left corner
Green Space Restroom Hut located at lower left corner
Willett Hall Gymnasium located at bottom right hand corner
COME ON IN TO HENDRICKS HALL!
To help get you familiar with the Parish Life Center, we will be providing a detailed focus on the different areas of our new building over the next few months. So, when the time comes for opening, you will feel at home and acquainted, ready to take advantage of all our new Parish Life Center will have to offer! This update will highlight Hendricks Hall. We welcome you “inside” so please read on!
Hendricks Hall will undergo many renovations providing a fresh, bright, cheerful, and secured facility for our preschool and kindergarten students. We are pleased to announced the new color scheme for Hendricks Hall will be professionally chosen by Omni that will surely please our parents, students, and faculty! Once completed, Hendricks Hall will be transformed into a children’s building, allowing for academic excellence, social responsibility and spiritual growth.
Some maintenance improvements slated for Hendricks Hall will be supported financially through the general operating budget. Our intent is to make the following renovations this summer, but will solely depend on the positive variance we anticipate in our budget this fiscal year. Regardless, all maintenance improvements will be completed by the summer of 2018. Other Hendricks Hall upgrades will be funded exclusively through Beyond the Building donations.
Improvements funded exclusively through BTB donations, to be completed summer 2018:
- Addition of one classroom, totaling six classrooms. Three classrooms will be home to our Preschool students and three classrooms will be home to our Kindergarten students.
- Hendricks Hall will receive a new sprinkler system for fire safety.
- All bathrooms in Hendricks Hall will receive new ceramic tile, non-slip flooring and fresh paint on doors and walls.
Below are the maintenance improvements supported financially through the general operating budget. Our intent is to complete the following upgrades summer of 2017, but will solely depend on the positive variance we anticipate in our budget this fiscal year. Regardless, all maintenance improvements will be completed by summer of 2018:
- All walls, doors, and baseboards in Hendricks Hall will be cleaned and receive fresh paint.
- Hendricks Hall will receive all new windows with screens.
- Hendricks Hall Preschool/Nursery rooms will receive room darkening shades.
- Hendricks Hall Preschool/Nursery 3’s room will receive 12 new cubbies for storage.
- Hendricks Hall will receive two new hot water heaters.
- Hendricks Hall Preschool Director’s office will receive new carpet.
- Hendricks Hall lower level will receive fresh paint, repaired closet doors, new acoustical panels for noise reduction, new refrigerator and microwave, new furniture, and a special floor coating. In addition to a high quality gathering space for all types of activities, these many updates will also serve to provide a nice lunch area for teachers and staff.
- Hendricks Hall exterior upgrades will include new storage for toys, new plastic coated fence for both playground areas, new hearty grass, new playground signage, new LED security lighting, repaired concrete and columns in Preschool courtyard, vinyl wrapped soffits, and freshly painted handrails. Hendricks Hall’s exterior walls have been cleaned and the playground area has received new mulch.
A detailed implementation time of maintenance improvements will be provided with the next update or sooner if possible! What an exciting time it is to be at St. Albert the Great!
Excitement is building as we have unveiled the final layout of our Parish Life Center, a place where your family and the entire parish community can gather, learn, and serve! You can also find additional information such as Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on the below link or visiting the Beyond the Building display in the gathering space.
As of now, less than 50% of parish families/over 600 families have committed $2,802,000 to our Parish Life Center. Due to rising construction costs we still need to raise an additional $698,000 before moving to the next phase. To dedicate our facility the summer of 2018 we will need to accomplish this by the end of December. I believe we can do this! As we continue to trust God and remain faithful in our commitment, our vision will be achieved!
I’m asking that you prayerfully consider helping to bridge this gap. Click the below link for the pledge card and return to Cheryl Harper, Parish Secretary. You can also call Cheryl at 502-425-3940 extension 107 with any questions. Remember also, that we now have online giving. It’s very easy to do! Just go the St. Albert website and click on online giving.
Don’t forget our designated ONLINE GIVING WEEKEND, December 3rd & 4th, a special weekend to make donations to Beyond the Building at www.stalbert.org.
THREE BUILDINGS: ONE PLACE TO GATHER, LEARN & SERVE
The Parish Life Center & Hub
The Parish Life Center will be a complex of three buildings (Hendricks Hall, Willett Hall, and a new hospitality space) integrated into a single facility, with a shared entrance and architecture that will complement our campus identity.
Renovating existing resources is cost effective, good for the environment and expedites the building process; with a grand opening projected for the summer of 2018!
Our new Parish Life Center provides needed space and updated facilities for parishioners of all ages and will continue to do so for future generations!
Beyond the Building…Something for everyone!
- Committee Meetings
- Bereavement Luncheons
- Conferences & Lectures
- Musical Concerts & Performing Arts
- Bible Studies & Retreats
- Support Group Meetings
- Archdiocesan Seminars
- Children’s Clubs & Scout Meetings
- Youth Ministry Space
- Nursery & Childcare
- School Functions
- Athletic Events & Practice Space
- Adult Athletic Leagues
- Networking & Professional Development
- Young Adult Socials
- Secure additional funding to cover budget deficit due to rising construction costs
- Provide a fundraising update to the parish and archdiocese
- Approval of final design schematics
- Groundbreaking for additional building (Fall 2017)
- Begin interior renovations (Spring 2018)
- Move into new building & renovated spaces
- Dedication of the new building (August 2018)
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Be informed! Pick up a copy of the Q&A sheet
- Spread the word! Share your excitement about the new building with others
- Pray! Keep your prayer card close
- Give! Pledge Cards are available to make your donations
- ONLINE GIVING: Go to www.stalbert.org and make your pledge online